Allison's Wonderland

Allison's Wonderland

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shirt Drawer Organization

I saw this organization tip on Pinterest not long ago and decided to try it out. And this one works...for me. So I'm gonna pass it along to you.

How many of you get frustrated after you fold clothes and put them neatly in your child's drawer only to find that they've destroyed them looking through them trying to find something to wear?!! This has solved that dilemma.

I have started folding all 3 of my children's shirts this way and I love it for several reasons.
  • The kids (and I) can actually see what is in the drawer rather than digging through them. This has helped with independent dressing. When they know what they have to wear, and have easy access to it, they are more likely to want to dress themselves
  • More space. There are 24 shirts in this drawer. I could never fit that many when they were stacked on top of each other.
  • It just looks nice. Sometimes that's a good enough reason, right? I like to open a drawer that looks neat. It makes my heart happy.

 Now you make be thinking, "I couldn't get my drawer to look that neat."  But most of you are probably already folding your shirts the same way and you only have to add one step. I am not trying to insult anyone by showing you how to fold a shirt. I understand that we all know how to fold (I hope!). But for the sake of those who do not fold THIS way, I need to show you this.


  (I couldn't resist using her TX Longhorns shirt as my example)

Lay your shirt flat. Or you can hold it up. But for the sake of picture taking, I am laying it flat.




Fold the sleeves in.


Fold in half.  This is how I used to fold my shirts. And when I'm sorting them, I still do.


Fold in half again. This is the last step. I do this as I'm putting away.






Have fun organizing your drawers...dresser drawers that is. I don't want to know if you have a wedgie or anything. But feel free to let me know how your shirt drawer organization goes!

No comments: