Allison's Wonderland

Allison's Wonderland

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Easy and Inexpensive DIY Valentines for Kids {with printables}

Valentine's Day is one of my favorites. I love doing little things to let my husband and kids know that they are loved. We don't spend a lot of money on extravagant gifts, but you can make the people in your life feel special spending little to no money.

One of the ways I like to make Valentine's Day special is to make our own valentines to pass out at class parties. Now DIY valentines will almost definitely cost more than buying a $2 box of cards from the store. But you can make your own without breaking the bank.

I made my 3 school aged children's valentines today and spent roughly $10 on all 3 sets. I'll show you how.


 This first one is what I made for both boys. (It's somewhat difficult finding Valentines for boys.) You could fill the bags with goldfish, like I did, or swedish fish, or even gummy worms. I already had the bags at home, but I think you can get a package of 50 for $2.50 if my memory serves me correctly. I bought a big box of goldfish from Sam's Club for $10.68. I used 1/3 of the box making the cost around $3.50. If your bags are bigger than mine, you will naturally use more causing the cost to be a little higher.

 To assemble, print off the tags found here, fill the bags with goldfish (or your treat of choice), then fold the top of the bag over and staple on the tags.

The next Valentine that I made is for my girl. I had to pick up something from Dollar Tree today, and I saw these packages of Valentine bubbles- 8 in a pack. I remembered seeing a bubble Valentine on Pinterest, so I bought 3 packages of the bubbles.

When I got home, I found the printable I wanted to use. You can find the printable here. I also picked up some washi tape to hold the bubbles in place on the card. The washi tape was $2.88, but you could use an inexpensive ribbon by punching holes on either side of where the bubbles will go. So simple.

Are you a DIY Valentine momma (or daddy) or do you prefer store bought cards? What are some homemade Valentines you have made in the past?




No comments: