Allison's Wonderland

Allison's Wonderland

Monday, October 24, 2016

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

It has been a while since I posted a recipe on here and with it being Fall and all this pumpkin bread should be in your life. You're welcome.

I absolutely love all things Fall and all things pumpkin, but I do believe this is my favorite recipe. I almost hesitated sharing the recipe with you because I wanted to keep it to myself, but I decided to not be greedy. (Be sure to scroll to the end for link to the cute bread wrappers!)





I've made this bread at least 4 times already since the start of fall. It's that good! The thing about this recipe is I usually double it to make 4 loaves.

The recipe calls for chocolate chips with a glaze on top. However, some people are traditional "plain pumpkin" bread eaters. For those weirdos I will make the bread without adding the chocolate chips, pour the batter into 2 pans, then proceed adding the chocolate chips to the rest of the batter.

*Note: If you double the recipe, your mixing bowl will get VERY full. *

This bread makes great gifts and is an acceptable breakfast or dessert (which is why I get it out of the house as quickly as I can!)


Another reason why I love baking this bread (and any other bread), I get to use my grandmother and granddaddy's loaf pans. They have both passed away now so anytime I bake bread I'm reminded of them.

 I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have!



Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

3 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups canola oil
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin and oil together.  In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.  Stir the two mixtures together just until moistened and then add the chocolate chips.  Pour into two greased loaf pans and bake for 60-70 minutes at 350.  Cool for about 10-20 minutes before cooling on wire racks.  

Glaze:

1 Tbsp melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 Tbsp. milk

Mix ingredients together, starting with 1 1/2 Tbsp milk and adding a little bit more to get to desired consistency.  Wait until the bread has cooled for a few minutes and then drizzle on top!  Enjoy!

Click here to dress up your bread with a cute Fall printable.

Happy Baking!!

No comments: