Allison's Wonderland

Allison's Wonderland

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Homemade Stain Remover



I had to write this blog post for two reasons:

1. I said I would in my last post about my mommy/daughter date where my daughter got a white shirt badly stained with chocolate ice cream.

2. When I first started blogging I did a post about homemade laundry detergent, and I asked my younger sister (that's right, Angela- I'm calling you out!) if she had read my blog lately and she said no. So, I told her she needs to. She did. Her response- "I don't think your detergent works because all your clothes have stains on them." Thanks a lot. But I assured her the detergent DOES work and the stains are a matter of me not being diligent in using any type of remover on my clothes. At all.

So here I am bound and determined to take better care of my clothes and find a stain remover that works...and to stop spilling stuff on myself!

Homemade Stain Remover

Ingredients:

2/3 c ammonia
2/3 c dish soap (I used Palmolive with Oxy cleaner)
6 Tbsp baking soda
2 c warm water

Combine all ingredients in a spray bottle. Shake it up. Spray onto stain.




That is one mighty big stain!
Let the stain remover soak in for a few minutes. Then scrub in with a washcloth.

You can see how the remover has already started working after this step.


Now you can wash and dry as usual.






I think the stain remover did a pretty good job!! There is still a teeny tiny spot that is bugging me, but compared to what it looked like before, I would say the stuff works!

It's cheaper than name brand stuff too. You can get ammonia for a dollar,  palmolive for under $4, and water and baking soda most of you have at home. So for $4-5, you can make your own stain remover a good ten times!



What are your tips for getting stains out?





No comments: