Allison's Wonderland

Allison's Wonderland

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Moist Fresh Apple Cake

The first time I made this apple cake, I was making it for my mother-in-law's birthday. My husband said to me, "Are you sure you wanna go with apple cake? I've never had an apple cake that wasn't dry.:" But I went forth with my plans, and this recipe got rave reviews as being the most moist apple cake ever eaten. I'm not exactly sure what the secret is, maybe the honey glaze on top, but trust me, people will want the recipe if you make this cake. And on that note....here it is. The recipe.

Moist Fresh Apple Cake

Honey Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp milk

Apple Cake:

3 cups Granny Smith apples, diced (about 2 apples)
1 cup toasted pecans
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Directions:

Glaze- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and stir until smooth. Set aside.

Cake- Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly grease a Bundt pan.
In a bowl mix together apples, pecans, vanilla and cinnamon. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, and salt. With your electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs, and oil. Add dry ingredients. Beat until completely combined. Fold in apple mixture. Spoon the batter into prepared pan. (The batter is very thick- almost the consistency of cookie dough.) Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Cool cake fully in the pan (about 1 hour) then turn out on a plate. Drizzle the honey glaze onto the apple cake.

Now you are ready to eat and enjoy!

Happy baking!!



No comments: